We act on behalf of a wide range of clients and their financial stakeholders, from fast growing and established businesses to pension schemes and charities.
As professional auditors we offer a comprehensive service that provides an independent insight into your annual accounts using our hands-on approach to auditing. Whether you are large or small, we take the time to get to know the individuals involved as well as gaining a valuable insight into the industry and the marketplace in which your business operates. We keep you up to date with relevant financial reporting and related legislative and technical changes throughout the annual cycle, as well as providing the most appropriate level of service for your needs.
Compliance audit – Grant claims
Our compliance audits deliver an opinion on the appropriate application and interpretation of specific regulations imposed by the grant awarding body. Our work is highly tailored to appreciate the unique nature of your business and the environment in which you operate.
Running a charity effectively is a challenging task in the current economic climate and the right professional advice can make all the difference.
Here at Douglas Home and Co we can help you meet all these challenges by delivering a comprehensive range of charity auditing and accounting services as well as a wide range of other specially tailored offerings for the not for profit sector including:
- Preparing and independently examining the charities account's to ensure they comply with the best practise (SORP)
- Charity Audit
- Advising on how best to keep the accounting records of the charity
- Charity bookkeeping
- Advising on governance and best practice.
- Secretarial duties and meeting filing requirements at OSCR/Charity Commission and Companies House(if appropriate)
- Independent review of grant claims
Management need to use risk assessment as a strategic driver for performance. Accurate information is crucial for business decisions and business leaders need assurances beyond normal reporting. Identifying risk is a challenge and can be even more difficult if you’re concerned about systems or processes that may produce inaccurate information. Our team can offer the following services to help reduce this:
- Review and advise on management controls
- Report on areas of risk
- Assurance on business processes and data management
- Assurance that the key processes are providing reliable reports
- Review and report on grant claims
- Provide reports to third parties (eg banks and other lenders)
- Audit services – both statutory and non statutory
- Due diligence reports on systems and controls
- Forensic examination
- Due diligence on acquisitions