30 Apr Coronavirus Financial Assistance – 30.4.2020
Three new grants are becoming available later today for Scottish businesses impacted by covid-19. We have detailed some of the qualifying criteria below, if you think you qualify please click on the title link to see if you are eligible. We have been told that due to a finite amount of funds being available, if you think you qualify for any of the grants, please ensure you apply quickly.
This is for businesses that will make an impact on the Scottish economy on a local, regional or national level. Businesses must be involved in or meet the following conditions:
- Can drive economic prosperity through wages, employment, exports, supply chain etc
- Be a supplier or potential supplier to NHS or other COVID-19 vital services
- A supplier to other essential businesses
- Can scale up or diversify due to COVID-19 opportunities
- Have a plan to continue to trade in the coming months, taking account of any hibernation or reduced operations as a result of Covid-19
- Can use the grant for working capital to help meet a cash flow gap or can be used to augment other funding from Government and other sources
- Can use the grant to contribute to cashflow items e.g. rent, wages, directors’ salaries, heat, light and power, materials, transport, financing costs-VAT/HMRC, creditor payment
This is for small Scottish creative, tourism and hospitality businesses who have experienced at least 50% loss of current or projected revenue as a result of COVID-19. This fund is designed for companies that are ineligible for other COVID-19 grant support or are not yet in receipt of the funds they need to survive.
You will need to provide:
- documentation to show you had an active business prior to COVID-19, such as your VAT registration, bank account statements showing revenue and outgoings linked to self-employment, marketing materials, etc. A full list is provided with the application form.
- self-declaration that you are currently experiencing hardship
- evidence of being resident in the local authority area of application
Successful applicants will receive a one-off payment of £2,000.
You need to apply in your Local Authority area. You may only apply to this fund once.
For assistance with these grants or any other government schemes email firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will do all they can to help.
All our offices are now closed, but we are still working from home, and our phone lines are still operational, therefore please call 01573 225 082 to discuss suitable arrangements for the transfer of any necessary business information, or to discuss any queries you may have.